Friday, August 7, 2015

Land among the Stars Card!


Hello Crafty Friends!

Today, I wanted to share my card that I created with some products that I would normally use when I play in my Art Journal or when creating Mixed Media style artwork. 

You probably have seen online or in Magazines that Mixed Media is very popular and 'IN' right now. I wanted to show you how I made my card using a few products and my trusty Cheery Lynn Dies to create a Mixed Media inspired design.


Above are the products that I started off with. The Pierced Stars comes in a set of 6, that have just been released last month.

I applied Gesso onto a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock with a paint brush. I then randomly added Gelatos and blended with my finger.

 

With a few stencils and a baby wipe, I removed some colour. I also added a few stamps with Navy ink to my background.

I placed my Cheery Lynn Dies on top of my background and die cut using the Ebosser.


I cut my sentiment from White cardstock and a matte from Navy Cardstock using the using Pierced Stacker #2 die. I sewn the base and a little here and there with my sewing machine. I outlined and created faux stitches around a few of my Pierced Stars and Pierced Stacker #2  with my Black and White pens to draw focus.

I hope that today's post shows you another reason that Cheery Lynn's Dies are a versatile must have. With so many dies, the possibilities are endless!


Dies Used:

I hope you will play along in our weekly Cheery Lynn Designs 196 - Summer Fun. You could win a $20 shopping spree at the online Cheery Lynn Designs store.

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,
Corina Finley

Live, Laugh & Create!

No comments:

Post a Comment