Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentines Day Card


Happy Early Valentines!

Corina here with you today and I have a Valentines Card to share.

I created this card a little differently then I normally do. The majority of the time I create a card with a technique in mind, that I want to try and play with. For this card the Lattice Heart & Vines die cut was my starting point:


I then went into my container of previously cut die cuts and pulled out other Valentines themed items. I had a lot of small hearts from the negative (part that cuts out) of the Sophia's Heart Doily and also a portion of the Doily. Also a small and x-small Heart Chain Borders.

I chose a Love Stamp for my Sentiment and a 6 x 6 pattern paper pad.

Created the base using a medium grey cardstock. Matted with a light grey cardstock and then pattern paper next. I adhered my border with the Heart Chain border across it.  



I cut a Coved Rectangle from pattern paper and the matching Scalloped Coved Rectangle from red cardstock. I stamped my Love Sentiment to the bottom portion and used pop dots to secure the matted Coved Rectangle.

I cut the Vines off the Lattice Heart and inked the heart red. I coloured the vines black and added Glossy Accents to them. I used the vines as my foliage under my Sweet William flower with a red enamel rose bead in the center.

Added the tiny heart border and the small hearts to the card and glossy accented each of them.


Dies used:

Lattice Heart & Vines - B368


I hope you will play along in our weekly Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 171 - Tickled Pink. You could win a $20 shopping spree at the online Cheery Lynn Design Store.

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,

Corina Finley
Live, Laugh & Create

No comments:

Post a Comment