Friday, December 26, 2014

Vintage Holiday Card


Hello

I hope everyone is having a Festive Holiday! Spending time with loved ones and making wonfderful memories!

Today on the Cheery Lynn Blog, I am sharing a Vintage Holiday Card.

I created this card using pattern paper, a rich burgundy cardstock and three tones of green. I distressed the edge of the burgundy base and embossed the burgundy Sentiment Tag 2 with the Poinsettia embossing plate.


I second generation stamped a Script Stamp in brown ink to the top cream layer of the Sentiment Tag 2. *Second Generation stamping is when you ink your stamp and stamp off on scratch paper and then stamp. Leaving a lighter image in the true ink colour.

I adhered the Joy to the World sentiment which fits wonderfully!


I then wanted to create a wreath. I used the Joy to the World Wreath but wanted thicker boughs. I went to my die cut machine to cut another Joy to the World Wreath and saw the negative pieces that are removed from the Florence Filigree Doily die!



Perfect! No waste! I tucked them behind the Joy to the World Wreath and added the festive Holly Corner.

Dies used:

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,

Corina Finley
Live, Laugh & Create!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card Corina and Especially love the little details like the embossing behind the " Joy "
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete