Friday, November 21, 2014

Holly Christmas Card



Hello! 
I wanted to share my Christmas Card and also a technique that I use when I have pattern paper or an image that does not fit the size/die shape that I want to work with! 


I wanted to use the piece of pattern paper that you see in the picture above. I selected 2 of the 3 dies from the Madrid Flourishes Rectangle Boutique Stackers Frame set and card stock to match.


I die cut one medium and two of the small Madrid Flourishes Rectangle Boutique Stackers Frame. I set the medium Kraft die cut aside.


I overlapped the 2 small Madrid Flourishes Rectangle Frames to the size of my image. I marked with a pencil and then used a Craft Knife and a ruler to trim away excess/overlapped card stock.


I used a piece of the excess scrap card stock to adhere both beside each other. I did allow the very outside border to stay overlapped. It allowed me to glue them to each other and stay stable. 


Perfect sized border - it is hard to see that it started off as 2! I die cut the Christmas sentiment and embossed with vintage copper embossing powder. I finished the card off by creating Holly which I used rhinestone for berries. 


Dies used:

Holly Leaves - B183


I hope you will play along in our weekly Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 159 - Tag You're It. You could win a $20 shopping spree at the online Cheery Lynn Design store.

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,

Live, Laugh & Create!

No comments:

Post a Comment